£90.00 – £160.00
A local dead tree in Yorkshire captured on large format 4×5 black and white film using a rare WW2 PH-47E Speed Graphic equipped with the much sought after Kodak Aero Ektar 178mm F2.5 lens.
A fairly local dead tree just off the roadside that Ive been driving past frequently near to Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire. Captured traditionally on black and white large format 4×5 film using a very rare camera, a WW2 PH-47E Speed Graphic equipped with a much sought after Kodak Aero Ektar 178mm F2.5 lens as used for WW2 aerial photos. You can find out more about this camera and lens set up on my blog HERE.
The technical details:
- Film: 4×5 Fomapan 100 developed at home in Rodinal 1.25 Ratio.
- Camera set up: WW2 PH-47E Speed Graphic equipped with a WW2 Kodak Aero Ektar 178mm F2.5 lens.
- Exposure: F2.5 at approx 30th second
- Tripod: Three Legged Thing – Winston
Print options: I offer two options for my art work to be displayed on walls. Fine Art Giclée Print or a Handmade UV Protected Canvas.
- Fine Art Giclée Print | I use an experienced specialist printer in Yorkshire to print and inspect every print before it leaves his family print workshop. The paper used is Hahnemühle 308gsm Photo Rag, a fine art smooth 100% cotton white paper. Hahnemühle Photo Rag® is one of the world’s most popular papers and the valued all-rounder for high-quality FineArt inkjet printing. The white cotton artist’s paper, with its characteristic, wonderfully soft feel, boasts a lightly defined felt structure, lending each artwork a three-dimensional appearance and impressive pictorial depth.
- Handmade Canvas | I use the same experienced printer for my canvasses. Hand built in his family workshop using 38mm (gallery standard) FSC approved UK pine frames. Using Canon’s award winning imagePROGRAF printers and LUCIA EX 8-colour ink, ensuring high quality colours and resolution prints on 340gsm 100% cotton canvas. The canvas is also UV resistant laminate for ease of gentle cleaning.
- Please note that all prints will have a blank ‘white bleed edge’ around the photo to help with mounting and framing. Canvasses have wrap around edges with no white borders and all ‘part inch’ canvas sizes e.g 21.7 inch will be rounded to the nearest even number inch size e.g 21.7 up to 22 Inch. All canvasses also come with a hanging kit.
- 3 to 5 working days.
Important note: The Graham Binns digital signature watermark will not be on the final product.
More of my Yorkshire Landscapes can be viewed HERE
30 Inch x 24 Inch, 20 Inch x 16 Inch
Fine Art Print, Handmade Canvas