£14.99 – £160.00
Glencoe pass light trails, long exposure Print and Canvas. Scotland in the Scottish Highlands. Fine art prints of Scotland. Scottish landscape photography. Graham Binns Photography
‘Glencoe Pass Light Trails’ Long exposure photography, Scotland.
I was hunkered down nestled in the heather on the top of a hill, freezing cold and a camera battery that was about to die. I managed to get 4 long exposure shots out of the battery before it gave in. Id been out all day with the camera and it was so cold the batteries just don’t last long even when not used much. The cold just drains them. I was driving back to the hotel following the car taillights down the Glencoe pass that gave me an idea for a light trail shot and this is what I came out with. I parked in the lay-by and hiked up the hill with my head torch on. I got the tripod as low as possible to help shelter the camera from the sleet and wind. This was actually my first shot of 4, the others were not salvageable due to the amount of rain and sleet spots on the lens.
The technical details:
- Canon 5d Mk3
- Lens: Canon 16 – 35mm F4 IS USM @ 16mm
- Exposure: ISO 400, 163 seconds at F22.
- Tripod: Three Legged Thing – Winston
Glencoe pass light trails, long exposure Print and Canvas. Scotland in the Scottish Highlands. Glencoe lighttrails photography art prints of Scotland. Scottish landscape photography.
Print options: I offer two options for my art work to be displayed on walls. Fine Art Giclée Print or a Handmade UV Protected Canvas.
- Fine Art Giclée Print | I use an experienced specialist printer in Yorkshire to print and inspect every print before it leaves his family print workshop. The paper used is Hahnemühle 308gsm Photo Rag, a fine art smooth 100% cotton white paper. Hahnemühle Photo Rag® is one of the world’s most popular papers and the valued all-rounder for high-quality FineArt inkjet printing. The white cotton artist’s paper, with its characteristic, wonderfully soft feel, boasts a lightly defined felt structure, lending each artwork a three-dimensional appearance and impressive pictorial depth.
- Handmade Canvas | I use the same experienced printer for my canvasses. Hand built in his family workshop using 38mm (gallery standard) FSC approved UK pine frames. Using Canon’s award winning imagePROGRAF printers and LUCIA EX 8-colour ink, ensuring high quality colours and resolution prints on 340gsm 100% cotton canvas. The canvas is also UV resistant laminate for ease of gentle cleaning.
- Please note that all prints will have a blank ‘white bleed edge’ around the photo to help with mounting and framing. Canvasses have wrap around edges with no white borders and all ‘part inch’ canvas sizes e.g 21.7 inch will be rounded to the nearest even number inch size e.g 21.7 up to 22 Inch. All canvasses also come with a hanging kit.
- 3 to 5 working days.
Important note: The Graham Binns digital signature watermark will not be on the final product unless requested in the instructions.
More of my Scotland photos can be viewed HERE
All rights reserved © Graham Binns Photography 2019
36 Inch x 18.8 Inch, 30 Inch x 15.6 Inch, 24 Inch x 12.5 Inch, 20 Inch x 10.4 Inch, 16 Inch x 8.3 Inch, 10 Oz Mug
Fine Art Print, Handmade Canvas, 10 Oz Mug