£60.00 – £130.00
Black Mount – Highlands, Scotland. Fine art print looking over Lochan na h-Achlaise using Kodak Professional T-Max 400 medium format film. Fine art print or canvas available through Graham Binns Photography.
‘Black Mount’ – Highlands – Scotland
As you drive through Rannoch Moor along the A82 from Tyndrum to Glencoe you are surrounded by some beautiful views, one of them many people stop to admire is the Black Mount. The Black Mount is a mountain range located in Argyll and Bute, Scotland. It is situated between Glen Orchy and Glen Coe in the Scottish Highlands. Looking over Lochan na h-Achlaise the four Munros include Stob Ghabhar, Stob a’ Choire Odhair, Creise and Meall a’ Bhuiridh.
I looked for a composition so that the frozen lochan would lead you through to the snow covered mountain range. The clouds and the low sun were producing some lovely shadows and highlighting the shapes and curves within the mountain range. The couple of small clouds just hanging in an empty sky and the patch of trees to the right hand side basking in the morning sun. This image was taken using a 1980’s medium format film camera and Kodak Professional T-MAx 400 black and white film producing some beautiful fine grain throughout the image.
The technical details:
- Film: Kodak Professional T-Max 400 ‘medium format’ 120 film giving a negative size of 6cm by 4.5cm.
- Camera set up: 1989 Bronica ETRSi with 50mm lens.
- Exposure: 250th sec at F16
- Tripod: Three Legged Thing – Winston
Print options: I offer two options for my art work to be displayed on walls. Fine Art Giclée Print or a Handmade UV Protected Canvas.
- Fine Art Giclée Print | I use an experienced specialist printer in Yorkshire to print and inspect every print before it leaves his family print workshop. The paper used is Hahnemühle 308gsm Photo Rag, a fine art smooth 100% cotton white paper. Hahnemühle Photo Rag® is one of the world’s most popular papers and the valued all-rounder for high-quality FineArt inkjet printing. The white cotton artist’s paper, with its characteristic, wonderfully soft feel, boasts a lightly defined felt structure, lending each artwork a three-dimensional appearance and impressive pictorial depth.
- Handmade Canvas | I use the same experienced printer for my canvasses. Hand built in his family workshop using 38mm (gallery standard) FSC approved UK pine frames. Using Canon’s award winning imagePROGRAF printers and LUCIA EX 8-colour ink, ensuring high quality colours and resolution prints on 340gsm 100% cotton canvas. The canvas is also UV resistant laminate for ease of gentle cleaning.
- Please note that all prints will have a blank ‘white bleed edge’ around the photo to help with mounting and framing. Canvasses have wrap around edges with no white borders and all ‘part inch’ canvas sizes e.g 21.7 inch will be rounded to the nearest even number inch size e.g 21.7 up to 22 Inch. All canvasses also come with a hanging kit.
- 3 to 5 working days.
Important note: The Graham Binns digital signature watermark will not be on the final product.
More of my Scotland photos can be viewed HERE
30 Inch x 12 Inch, 26 Inch x 10.4 Inch, 20 Inch x 8 Inch, 15 Inch x 6 Inch, 10 Oz Mug
Fine Art Print, Handmade Canvas, 10 Oz Mug