£80.00 – £375.00
Morning mist on Ladybower reservoir hanging just above the rowing boat looking across to Ashopton viaduct in Derbyshire, England. This scene was captured using a large format 4×5 camera on Fomopan 100 black and white negative film.
Morning mist on Ladybower reservoir just above the rowing boat looking across to Ashopton viaduct in Derbyshire, England. This scene was captured using a large format 4×5 camera on Fomopan 100 black and white negative film and home developed by myself. The results of large format give you incredible detail as you literally have a negative 4inch x 5inch equating to nearly 15 times that of 35mm film so yes, you can order incredibly large prints or canvases for your walls. I cropped the image slightly as the sky had no interest for me but I love the tones leading up throughout the image with the viaduct, and boats looking so peaceful.
The technical details:
- Film: Fomopan 100 Large format black and white negative film, 4inch x 5inch in size!
- Camera set up: 1950’s MPP Micro Technical Mark VI, 184mm Wray Lustrar 4.5 lens.
- Exposure: 1 sec at F32
- Tripod: Three Legged Thing – Winston
Print options: I offer two options for my art work to be displayed on walls. Fine Art Giclée Print or a Handmade UV Protected Canvas.
- Fine Art Giclée Print | I use an experienced specialist printer in Yorkshire to print and inspect every print before it leaves his family print workshop. The paper used is Hahnemühle 308gsm Photo Rag, a fine art smooth 100% cotton white paper. Hahnemühle Photo Rag® is one of the world’s most popular papers and the valued all-rounder for high-quality FineArt inkjet printing. The white cotton artist’s paper, with its characteristic, wonderfully soft feel, boasts a lightly defined felt structure, lending each artwork a three-dimensional appearance and impressive pictorial depth.
- Handmade Canvas | I use the same experienced printer for my canvasses. Hand built in his family workshop using 38mm (gallery standard) FSC approved UK pine frames. Using Canon’s award winning imagePROGRAF printers and LUCIA EX 8-colour ink, ensuring high quality colours and resolution prints on 340gsm 100% cotton canvas. The canvas is also UV resistant laminate for ease of gentle cleaning.
- Please note that all prints will have a blank ‘white bleed edge’ around the photo to help with mounting and framing. Canvasses have wrap around edges with no white borders. All canvasses also come with a hanging kit.
- 3 to 5 working days.
Important note: The Graham Binns digital signature watermark will not be on the final product.
You can view more products HERE
All rights reserved © Graham Binns 2019
60 Inch x 40 Inch, 54 Inch x 36 Inch, 48 Inch x 32 Inch, 42 Inch x 28 Inch, 36 Inch x 24 Inch, 30 Inch x 20 Inch, 24 Inch x 16 Inch, 18 Inch x 12 Inch, 10 Oz Mug
Fine Art Print, Handmade Canvas, 10 Oz Mug