£80.00 – £425.00
Pinhole image of a local countryside scene in Scholes, West Yorkshire
The crossroads at the bottom of Wellands Lane in my village of Scholes, Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire. Captured traditionally on colour negative medium format film on a Vermeer Pinhole Camera. This crossroads is located on Wellands Lane in Scholes and is less than a couple of minutes walk from my front door. It’s another local scene that I’ve been wanting to capture for some time and the panoramic 17cm x 6cm Vermeer Pinhole camera worked just lovely at golden hour.
Being a Pinhole camera there is obviously no lens, just a tiny hole so this is not the usual ‘tack sharp’ crisp focused image like my other prints but it does have a certain ‘pinhole’ feel to it that I adore. The negatives are 17cm x 6cm so the size of prints available are quite literally insane with print size options of 90 inch wide and bigger being no trouble at all.
Metering the scene was just like any other, doing my calculations in my head whilst working out how I want my highlights and shadows to appear as the sun was starting to produce some lovely golden rays. I calculated my scene at F-stop 16, 100, 1/15th so I then had to work out my exposure to F-stop 300 for the pinhole which gave me 24 seconds but the film reciprocity failure rate (film exposure failure over time) I worked out that and decided to go for 30 seconds which resulted in a beautifully captured panoramic local scene. If you cant see the size of print that you require then please just ask.
The technical details:
- Film: Kodak Ektar
- Camera set up: 17cm x 6cm Vermeer Pinhole Camera
- Pinhole: 0.3mm
- Exposure: 30 Seconds at F-stop 300
- Tripod: Manfrotto Be-Free
Print options: I offer two options for my art work to be displayed on walls. Fine Art Giclée Print or a Handmade UV Protected Canvas.
- Fine Art Giclée Print | I use an experienced specialist printer in Yorkshire to print and inspect every print before it leaves his family print workshop. The paper used is Hahnemühle 308gsm Photo Rag, a fine art smooth 100% cotton white paper. Hahnemühle Photo Rag® is one of the world’s most popular papers and the valued all-rounder for high-quality FineArt inkjet printing. The white cotton artist’s paper, with its characteristic, wonderfully soft feel, boasts a lightly defined felt structure, lending each artwork a three-dimensional appearance and impressive pictorial depth.
- Handmade Canvas | I use the same experienced printer for my canvasses. Hand built in his family workshop using 38mm (gallery standard) FSC approved UK pine frames. Using Canon’s award winning imagePROGRAF printers and LUCIA EX 8-colour ink, ensuring high quality colours and resolution prints on 340gsm 100% cotton canvas. The canvas is also UV resistant laminate for ease of gentle cleaning.
- Please note that all prints will have a blank ‘white bleed edge’ around the photo to help with mounting and framing. Canvasses have wrap around edges with no white borders and all ‘part inch’ canvas sizes e.g 21.7 inch will be rounded to the nearest even number inch size e.g 21.7 up to 22 Inch. All canvasses also come with a hanging kit.
- 3 to 5 working days.
Important note: The Graham Binns digital signature watermark will not be on the final product.
More of my Yorkshire Landscapes can be viewed HERE
90 Inch x 30 Inch, 60 Inch x 20 Inch, 30 Inch x 10 Inch, 20 Inch x 6 Inch
Fine Art Print, Handmade Canvas