£45.00 – £220.00
A stunning black and white large format photograph of Talacre Lighthouse, also known as Point of Ayr Lighthouse. Available as a fine art print or canvas.
A stunning black and white 4×5 large format photograph of Talacre Lighthouse, also known as Point of Ayr Lighthouse. Talacre lighthouse is Wales’ oldest lighthouse built in 1776. I went for a long exposure image to capture the movement in the long grasses and the clouds which I adore. Due to the sheer size of the negative at 4 inch by 5 inch and the nature of this composition I found myself cropping into the image a few ways so for the first time I’m offering a few options in terms of print / canvas ratio options. Please note: More fine art print & canvas sizes are available, please just ask – this image will print extremely big!
The original 5×4 ratio is beautiful in its own right and offers up a print size large enough for the side of a house (love large format!) but I also liked to crop in at a square, 3×2 and 2×1 panoramic which will lend itself for long walls over couches or fireplaces for example.
The technical details:
- Film: Fomapan 100 ‘large format’ black & white sheet film giving a negative size of 4inch by 5inch.
- 1950’s MPP Micro Technical Mark VI, 75mm F6.3 lens.
- Exposure: Approx 8 minutes with Lee Filters 6 stopper on
Print options: I offer two options for my art work to be displayed on walls. Fine Art Giclée Print or a Handmade UV Protected Canvas.
- Fine Art Giclée Print | I use an experienced specialist printer in Yorkshire to print and inspect every print before it leaves his family print workshop. The paper used is Hahnemühle 308gsm Photo Rag, a fine art smooth 100% cotton white paper. Hahnemühle Photo Rag® is one of the world’s most popular papers and the valued all-rounder for high-quality FineArt inkjet printing. The white cotton artist’s paper, with its characteristic, wonderfully soft feel, boasts a lightly defined felt structure, lending each artwork a three-dimensional appearance and impressive pictorial depth.
- Handmade Canvas | I use the same experienced printer for my canvasses. Hand built in his family workshop using 38mm (gallery standard) FSC approved UK pine frames. Using Canon’s award winning imagePROGRAF printers and LUCIA EX 8-colour ink, ensuring high quality colours and resolution prints on 340gsm 100% cotton canvas. The canvas is also UV resistant laminate for ease of gentle cleaning.
- Please note that all prints will have a blank ‘white bleed edge’ around the photo to help with mounting and framing. Canvasses have wrap around edges with no white borders. All canvasses also come with a hanging kit. All ‘part inch’ sizes e.g 21.7 inch will be rounded to the nearest even number inch size e.g 21.7 up to 22 Inch.
- 3 to 5 working days.
Important note: The Graham Binns digital signature watermark will not be on the final product.
You can view more of my Welsh landscape products HERE
I also have a darkroom print of Talacre Lighthouse that was taken the same day but with the Hasselblad 500c on Fuji Acros which can be viewed HERE
1×1 Square = 36 Inch x 36 Inch, 1×1 Square = 30 Inch x 30 Inch, 1×1 Square = 26 Inch x 26 Inch, 1×1 Square = 20 Inch x 20 Inch, 1×1 Square = 18 Inch x 18 Inch, 1×1 Square = 14 Inch x 14 Inch, 5×4 = 40 Inch x 32 Inch, 5×4 = 30 Inch x 24 Inch, 5×4 = 25 Inch x 20 Inch, 5×4 = 20 Inch x 16 Inch, 5×4 = 10 Inch x 8 Inch, 2×1 Pano = 60 Inch x 30 Inch, 2×1 Pano = 50 Inch x 25 Inch, 2×1 Pano = 40 Inch x 20 Inch, 2×1 Pano = 36 Inch x 18 Inch, 2×1 Pano = 30 Inch x 15 Inch, 2×1 Pano = 26 Inch x 13 Inch, 2×1 Pano = 20 Inch x 10 Inch, 3×2 = 36 Inch x 24 Inch, 3×2 = 30 Inch x 20 Inch, 3×2 = 24 Inch x 16 Inch, 3×2 = 18 Inch x 12 Inch, 3×2 = 15 Inch x 10 Inch, 2×1 Pano = 28 Inch x 14 Inch, 2×1 Pano = 24 Inch x 12 Inch
Handmade Canvas, Fine Art Print