£60.00 – £160.00
Black and white long exposure capture of Llyn y Dywarchen, a fishing lake in Snowdonia National Park. Fine art print or canvas. Landscape prints by Graham Binns photography in Wales.
Llyn y Dywarchen is a lake in Snowdonia National Park not too far from Rhyd-Ddu, Caernarfon. Llyn y Dywarchen is a popular fishing lake and there are plenty of opportunities to capture the beauty around the lake, scattered rocks and boulders, a few trees, leading paths through the long grasses, ruined old buildings, Snowdonia as a backdrop and of course the lake and the island. The movement in the clouds made we wonder if I could capture just the right amount of movement within the clouds and use a long exposure to flatten the lake. I had one of my favourite films loaded in my 1972 Hasselblad 500c, some original Fuji Acros so this would lend itself towards a stunning long exposure with little to no reciprocity at just over 2 minutes.
The technical details:
- Film: Fuji Acros 100 ‘medium format’ 120 film giving a negative size of 6cm by 6cm.
- Camera set up: 1972 Hasselblad 500c with 50mm Zeiss Distagon T* F4 CF lens
- Exposure: 2 Minutes at F22 with Lee Filter 10 stop filter
- Tripod: Three Legged thing – Winston
Print options: I offer two options for my art work to be displayed on walls. Fine Art Giclée Print or a Handmade UV Protected Canvas.
- Fine Art Giclée Print | I use an experienced specialist printer in Yorkshire to print and inspect every print before it leaves his family print workshop. The paper used is Hahnemühle 308gsm Photo Rag, a fine art smooth 100% cotton white paper. Hahnemühle Photo Rag® is one of the world’s most popular papers and the valued all-rounder for high-quality FineArt inkjet printing. The white cotton artist’s paper, with its characteristic, wonderfully soft feel, boasts a lightly defined felt structure, lending each artwork a three-dimensional appearance and impressive pictorial depth.
- Handmade Canvas | I use the same experienced printer for my canvasses. Hand built in his family workshop using 38mm (gallery standard) FSC approved UK pine frames. Using Canon’s award winning imagePROGRAF printers and LUCIA EX 8-colour ink, ensuring high quality colours and resolution prints on 340gsm 100% cotton canvas. The canvas is also UV resistant laminate for ease of gentle cleaning.
- Please note that all prints will have a blank ‘white bleed edge’ around the photo to help with mounting and framing. Canvasses have wrap around edges with no white borders. All canvasses also come with a hanging kit.
- 3 to 5 working days.
Important note: The Graham Binns digital signature watermark will not be on the final product.
You can view more products HERE
26 Inch x 26 Inch, 24 Inch x 24 Inch, 20 Inch x 20 Inch, 18 Inch x 18 Inch, 16 Inch x 16 Inch, 14 Inch x 14 Inch, 12 Inch x 12 Inch
Fine Art Print, Handmade Canvas