£60.00 – £160.00
Marsco Star Trails on the Isle of Skye, Scotland. Taken with Bronica ETRSi.
Marsco Star Trails. Isle of Skye, Scotland. Astrophotography using black and white film.
This is 1 shot and apart from bring cropped a little is a straight scan of the negative. Taken on the Isle of Skye, Scotland – February 2019. I love that feeling when you see a negative like this, something kinda special! Marsco Star Trails!
If this was a digital shot it would be 200+ shots then all photoshopped together, this is the beauty of film reciprocity where you can record light (the star trails) for a long time due to the film not recording at the same rate a digital sensor would do.
Working out reciprocity refers to the relationship whereby the total light energy – proportional to the total exposure, the product of the light intensity and exposure time, controlled by aperture and shutter speed, respectively – determines the effect of the light on the film. Anyway, it worked and I love it! This shot was even developed in the cottage I was staying in on the Isle of Skye, I just couldn’t wait to see if it had worked out.
The technical details:
- Film: Fuji Acros 100
- 1989 Bronica ETRSi with 50mm lens
- Exposure: 1 hour 40 minutes!
- Tripod: Three Legged Thing – Winston
Print options: I offer two options for my art work to be displayed on walls. Fine Art Giclée Print or a Handmade UV Protected Canvas.
- Fine Art Giclée Print | I use an experienced specialist printer in Yorkshire to print and inspect every print before it leaves his family print workshop. The paper used is Hahnemühle 308gsm Photo Rag, a fine art smooth 100% cotton white paper. Hahnemühle Photo Rag® is one of the world’s most popular papers and the valued all-rounder for high-quality FineArt inkjet printing. The white cotton artist’s paper, with its characteristic, wonderfully soft feel, boasts a lightly defined felt structure, lending each artwork a three-dimensional appearance and impressive pictorial depth.
- Handmade Canvas | I use the same experienced printer for my canvasses. Hand built in his family workshop using 38mm (gallery standard) FSC approved UK pine frames. Using Canon’s award winning imagePROGRAF printers and LUCIA EX 8-colour ink, ensuring high quality colours and resolution prints on 340gsm 100% cotton canvas. The canvas is also UV resistant laminate for ease of gentle cleaning.
- Please note that all prints will have a blank ‘white bleed edge’ around the photo to help with mounting and framing. Canvasses have wrap around edges with no white borders and all ‘part inch’ canvas sizes e.g 21.7 inch will be rounded to the nearest even number inch size e.g 21.7 up to 22 Inch. All canvasses also come with a hanging kit.
- 3 to 5 working days.
Important note: The Graham Binns digital signature watermark will not be on the final product unless requested.
All rights reserved © Graham Binns 2019
You can view more of my Scotland Landscape Photography here.
30 Inch x 23.23 Inch, 24 Inch x 18.58 Inch, 20 Inch x 15.48, 15 Inch x 11.61, 10 Oz Mug
Fine Art Print, Handmade Canvas, 10 Oz Mug