£40.00 – £175.00
Stranded Trawler on Loch Linnhe, Corpach. Ben Nevis in the background.
‘Stranded Trawler’ on Loch Linnhe, Corpach. Ben Nevis in the background.
A ray of light bursts through the clouds to lighten up this old stranded trawler with snow covered Ben Nevis towering behind at over 1,345 metres above sea level, the highest mountain in the British Isles.
For this shot I was set up and sat under my umbrella for nearly 90 mins in the pouring rain, the weather is so changeable in February so I knew it would be worth hanging around. I watched the odd sun ray burst through the clouds onto Ben Nevis as the rain slowly passed by then a ray just burst through onto this old fishing trawler shipwreck. Fantastic! It was definitely worth the wait!
The fishing trawler was built in 1975 and was used until 2001 when she ran aground in a heavy storm. She has been stranded on Loch Linnhe, Corpach ever since. Corpach is a large village north of Fort William, in the Scottish Highlands.
The technical details:
- Camera: Canon 5d Mk3
- Lens: Canon 24mm – 105mmm L USM @ 54mm
- Exposure: F16, ISO100, 1/6second, Lee Filters Soft grad 0.9
- Tripod: Three Legged Thing Winston
Print options: I offer two options for my art work to be displayed on walls. Fine Art Giclée Print or a Handmade UV Protected Canvas.
- Fine Art Giclée Print | I use an experienced specialist printer in Yorkshire to print and inspect every print before it leaves his family print workshop. The paper used is Hahnemühle 308gsm Photo Rag, a fine art smooth 100% cotton white paper. Hahnemühle Photo Rag® is one of the world’s most popular papers and the valued all-rounder for high-quality FineArt inkjet printing. The white cotton artist’s paper, with its characteristic, wonderfully soft feel, boasts a lightly defined felt structure, lending each artwork a three-dimensional appearance and impressive pictorial depth.
- Handmade Canvas | I use the same experienced printer for my canvasses. Hand built in his family workshop using 38mm (gallery standard) FSC approved UK pine frames. Using Canon’s award winning imagePROGRAF printers and LUCIA EX 8-colour ink, ensuring high quality colours and resolution prints on 340gsm 100% cotton canvas. The canvas is also UV resistant laminate for ease of gentle cleaning.
- Please note that all prints will have a blank ‘white bleed edge’ around the photo to help with mounting and framing. Canvasses have wrap around edges with no white borders. All canvasses also come with a hanging kit.
- 3 to 5 working days.
Important note: The Graham Binns digital signature watermark will not be on the final product unless requested in the instructions.
More of my Scotland photos can be viewed HERE
All rights reserved © Graham Binns Photography 2019
36 Inch x 24 Inch, 30 Inch x 20 Inch, 24 Inch x 16 Inch, 18 Inch x 12 Inch, 15 Inch x 10 Inch, 12 Inch x 8 Inch, 10 Inch x 7 Inch, Oz Mug
Fine Art Print, Handmade Canvas, 10 Oz Mug