£45.00 – £185.00
Storm over Storr, black and white Isle of Skye Print and Canvas. Isle of Skye, Scotland in the Scottish Highlands. Fine art prints of Scotland. Scottish landscape photography.
‘Storm Over Storr’ Isle of Skye, Scotland.
Driving back from an early morning sunrise shoot on the Old Man of Storr we just had to stop at Loch Fada. The Loch was like a mirror, unusually calm with no wind or ripples so the ideal time to capture the Old Man of Storr in the water reflection but it was the approaching clouds that then drew my attention more.
On the Isle of Skye the weather changes every 20 minutes if not sooner and what we were stood in was most probably the calm before the storm.
The Old Man of Storr (the pointed rocks on the hill) are just under 2500 feet above sea level so you can see the scale of the storm approaching. To me it looks like the storm has 2 hands coming down to grip Storr.
The technical details:
- Canon 5d Mk3
- Lens: Canon 70mm – 200mm IS USM @ 70mm
- Exposure: ISO 100, 60th sec at F16.
- Tripod: Three Legged Thing – Winston
Storm over Storr, Isle of Skye Print and Canvas. Isle of Skye, Scotland in the Scottish Highlands. Fine art prints of Scotland. Scottish landscape photography.
Print options: I offer two options for my art work to be displayed on walls. Fine Art Giclée Print or a Handmade UV Protected Canvas.
- Fine Art Giclée Print | I use an experienced specialist printer in Yorkshire to print and inspect every print before it leaves his family print workshop. The paper used is Hahnemühle 308gsm Photo Rag, a fine art smooth 100% cotton white paper. Hahnemühle Photo Rag® is one of the world’s most popular papers and the valued all-rounder for high-quality FineArt inkjet printing. The white cotton artist’s paper, with its characteristic, wonderfully soft feel, boasts a lightly defined felt structure, lending each artwork a three-dimensional appearance and impressive pictorial depth.
- Handmade Canvas | I use the same experienced printer for my canvasses. Hand built in his family workshop using 38mm (gallery standard) FSC approved UK pine frames. Using Canon’s award winning imagePROGRAF printers and LUCIA EX 8-colour ink, ensuring high quality colours and resolution prints on 340gsm 100% cotton canvas. The canvas is also UV resistant laminate for ease of gentle cleaning.
- Please note that all prints will have a blank ‘white bleed edge’ around the photo to help with mounting and framing. Canvasses have wrap around edges with no white borders and all ‘part inch’ canvas sizes e.g 21.7 inch will be rounded to the nearest even number inch size e.g 21.7 up to 22 Inch. All canvasses also come with a hanging kit.
- 3 to 5 working days.
Important note: The Graham Binns digital signature watermark will not be on the final product unless requested in the instructions.
More of my Scotland photos can be viewed HERE
All rights reserved © Graham Binns 2019
36 Inch x 24 Inch, 30 Inch x 20 Inch, 24 Inch x 16 Inch, 18 Inch x 12 Inch, 15 Inch x 10 Inch, 12 Inch x 8 Inch, 10 Oz Mug
Fine Art Print, Handmade Canvas, 10 Oz mug